Continental Exploration

Term has ended! Well, technically it ended a week ago but I've been busy sleeping, eating, and working. It's been nice. I've been staying with my friends Shantzie and Martín - they have link parents who graciously took me in as well for the week, and we've been spending the time working in the sunroom of the house, drinking alarming amounts of tea, and eating all the avocado toast we can stomach.

On Saturday, Shantzie and I, along with our friend Julia will set off on the next part of our term break. The plan is to visit 5 countries in 3 weeks!

We leave Mbabane early Saturday morning, arriving in Jozi by the afternoon. We'll buy groceries and get US dollars for travelling in Zimbabwe. That evening we take a bus up to the Zimbabwe side of Victoria Falls, and spend the evening before travelling into Zambia to spend a few days. Then it's several buses and trains across Botswana before arriving in Namibia! We have several stops in Namibia, and we'll eventually end up in Luderitz. I will eat my body weight in oysters. It'll be great. Then, we make our way back to school to begin the gruelling third term of IB1.

I'll be sure to document the trip via photos and I'll write a much more thorough post after the break. There will be limited WiFi during the next three weeks, but I'm hoping to compile a video of the trip to post when I'm back, so look out for that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to say goodbye

Kamhlaba and COVID-19

Growing a Garden